Sending the 12
1) Jesus’s Disciples are given power to proclaim and heal, 1-2
2) Jesus’s Disciples are just passing through with no possessions, 3-5
3) Jesus’s enemies are perplexed yet pursuing, 6-9
1) Do you ever underestimate the power that God has given you to testify about His Kingdom? If so, consider Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 2:9-10; 2 Tim. 1:7. What role do good works play in the proclamation of the gospel? See Titus 2:10
2) Read 1 Timothy 6:6-10. Compare and contrast these verses with vv.3-4 and with Isaiah 55:3. What does God’s Word say about contentment? Why does He also invite us to enjoy “rich food”? Can we enjoy His good gifts and still understand the difference between needs and wants?
3) Read 1 Peter 3:15. What do you think it looks like to defend the hope that is within you “with gentleness and respect”?