- Favor to the Undeserving, vv. 26–33
- Faith in the Impossible, vv. 34–38
- Fulfillment of the Incredible, vv. 39–45
- Why was Jesus born into such humble circumstances? How do you see the humiliation of Jesus even before He is born in this story? What response should we have to Jesus’s voluntary humbling of Himself? See 2 Cor. 8:9; Philippians 2:5–8.
- Does the Bible hold up Mary as an object of worship? Does the Bible hold up Mary’s faith as something you should imitate? Can you think of other examples of a faith in God that is ready to obey and accept the circumstances He gives? (See Isaiah 6:8; Luke 5:11)
- Compare the following stories of God’s miracle babies – Gen. 18:9–15; 1 Sam. 1:19–28; Judges 13; Luke 1:18–20; Luke 1:26–38. Compare the reactions from the different characters. Which character’s reaction would most closely resemble your own?