5 Prayers for Forestgate: GUIDANCE
- Use your own understanding, but don’t lean on it. vv. 5b, 7a
- Trust with all your heart and know your God. vv. 5a, 6a, 7b
- Turn from evil to find straight paths.
- When you face difficult decisions, where is the first place you turn for advice? Pastors, friends, mentors, parents, others? Based on this passage, where do you think you should turn first for guidance?
- Do you ever doubt that God will give you the answers you need to your problems? Do you ever doubt that God will give you those answers on time? When we doubt like that, what attribute(s) of God are we denying?
(See Ps. 119:65, 66, 68)
- Does God promise that we will never experience hardship if we trust in Him?
(cf. 2 Tim. 3:12) Does God promise that His path will generally turn out better than sin and rebellion against His path? (See Prov 3:7–8) Can God also redeem us in spite of our sinful choices? (cf. 1 Tim. 1:15; Heb. 7:25; Galatians 1:13 and 2:20)