1) Clarifying Our Gospel Identity, 1-2
2) Appreciating One’s Gospel Partners, 3-5, 7-8
3) Reassuring Us of Gospel Progress, 6
4) Praying for Greater Gospel Fruit, 9-11
1) Where do you find your identity? What part of your life is most important to you? (Some possibilities include: work, relationships, beauty/image, family, money, success, control.) Where should we find our identity? Consider Philippians 3:3-11, especially vv. 8-9.
2) Do you consider yourself a partner in the great work of the gospel? How are you contributing to the work of the church in service? How are you active in the work of evangelism and prayer? How could you take one small step towards greater faithfulness in these areas?
3) How does Philippians 1:6 (and 1 Thess. 5:23-24) assure us that we will persevere in the Christian faith? How does Philippians 2:12-13 (and 2 Peter 1:3-11) motivate us towards this same end? Are these two sets of verses contradictory or complimentary?