1) Jesus Prayed … For our Belief, 3
2) Jesus Prayed … For our Protection, 15
3) Jesus Prayed … For our Sanctification, 17
4) Jesus Prayed … For our Effective Witness, 20
5) Jesus Prayed … For our Unity, 11, 20-23, 26
1) Why does Jesus command us to “work out our own salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil. 2:12-13) when He also assures us that He will preserve us until the end (John 17:15; Philippians 1:6)? Do you think it’s because Jesus knew that we would not be able to keep those commands perfectly, even after we’re born again? (I John 2:1)
2) If Jesus prayed that we would sanctified in the Truth, then what can you be doing to see that you are sanctified by the Truth? See 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Romans 12:1-2.
3) Is unity opposed to an emphasis on sound doctrine, proper teaching? Consider what Paul writes in Titus 1:9 about elders. (Also see Titus 3:8-11) Is an emphasis on sound doctrine (and the possible need to rebuke which Titus mentions) opposed to patience? See what Paul writes in 2 Timothy 2:24-26.