Who is Worthy?
- A servant that is worthy of saving in his master’s eyes, vv. 1–3
- A man who is worthy in other’s eyes, vv. 3–6
- A man who is un-worthy in his own eyes, vv. 6–7
- A faith that is worthy of imitation in Jesus’s eyes, vv.7–10
- How does the centurion (through his Jewish friends) approach Jesus at first? See vv. 3–5.
Compare and contrast this approach to these passages: Luke 18:9–14 and Phil. 3:3–11.
- How does the centurion see himself in vv. 6–7? Compare and contrast his self-perception with these passages: Isaiah 6:1–7; Psalm 51 (especially v.17). Luke 5:1–11 (especially v.8)
- What is commendable about the centurion’s faith (vv7–9)? Compare Romans 4:18–21 (esp. v.21).