The KING ... in a Feeding Trough
10 Christmas Cards from Bethlehem
- a census, vv.1–2
- a hometown, vv.3–5
- a manger, vv. 6–7a
- a full house, v.7
- a curious choice, vv. 8–9
- a multitude, but not at first, vv. 9–10, 13–14
- an awesome sight, vv.9–12
- a particular peace, vv. 11–12, 14
- a missing wise man (or three?), vv. 15–18
- a reflective mother, v. 19
- Why is it important to know that Jesus was born in humble, shameful circumstances and that the first witnesses to his birth were a despised group of shepherds? Compare this to what Jesus says in Luke 5:31–32.
- How is the birth of Jesus good news of great joy to you?
- How much time have you spent pondering the Christmas story and its impact upon you and upon the world?