Don’t Hide Your Light
- What you hear is useless if you don’t use it, vv.16–17
- How you hear will determine how you grow, vv.17–18
- Whether you hear AND DO is a mark of your Adoption, vv.19–21
- Which metaphor best describes the way you live your life as a Christian: Hiding your light under a bed? Putting your light upon a lampstand for all to see? Cf. Matthew 5:14–16 and 6:5–6. How can you do a better job of letting your light shine before others while making sure to glorify God and not yourself?
- If we put to use the gospel message that God given us, He promises to give us even more. (More wisdom? More responsibility? Both?) See Matthew 25:14–30; now ask yourself if you are making use of the spiritual resources that God has given you.
- Jesus said that the true members of His family were those who heard the Word and put it into practice. See James 1:22ff. What do you think the following phrase means: “Faith alone saves, but the faith that saves is never alone”?