- The Glory of the Greater Moses, 27–31
- The Gaffe of an Overwhelmed Disciple, 32–34
- The Greatness of God the Son, 34–36
- Phil Ryken writes: “Jesus prays before each new phase of ministry (e.g., Luke 3:21; 6:12; 11:1) ... this is most necessary when we are about to take up a new calling, such as school, work, ministry, marriage, parenthood, or retirement.” (Luke, I:470, emphasis added) What upcoming transitions should you be praying about?
- Peter wanted the glorious presence of Christ to remain, and in his excitement, he also put Christ on a level with Moses and Elijah (cf v.33). How are we tempted to make the same errors: Desiring victory and glory before suffering (cf vv.23–27 from last week), or thinking too little of Christ? (Is 59:1, 16ff)
- How have you been tempted this week to “listen” (v.35) to someone other than God’s Son? What steps could you take to focus more on Christ’s Word? See Psalm 1:2–3.