5 Prayers for Forestgate: Greater Love for the GOSPEL
- The Gospel saves sinners from shame, v.16a
- The Gospel powerfully saves all believers, v.16b
- The Gospel reveals God’s righteousness, v17a
- The Gospel begins and ends with faith
- Compare Adam and Eve’s life before sin (Gen 2:25) with their life after sin (Gen 3:6–8). Now compare their life to Paul’s statements about life in the gospel in Romans 1:16 and Romans 5:1–5 (especially vv1, 5). What do you see about the presence of shame in their/our lives and about their/our relationship with God?
- Read Philippians 3:1–14. How did the gospel save Paul from his own arrogance, and how can it save you from your arrogance? Read 1 Tim. 1:12–17. How did the gospel save Paul from his own wickedness? (And how can it do the same for you?)
- How would you define faith in God? Read Romans 4:18–21 (about Abraham) or Hebrews 11:8–19 if you need help.